- 1 large onion, finely chopped,
- 2 cups dry chickpeas,
- 1 cup onion masala,
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- Chiles or hot peppers, and fresh chopped cilantro
Two hours before you plan to eat, rinse the dry chickpeas and place them in the Instapot with eight cups of water. Set the device to “Pressure Cook (High)” for 75 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
After the chickpeas have been cooked,
- Add the onion masala to the Instapot and set the device to “Saute (Medium).”
- Add chiles or hot peppers. Stir frequently.
- Add chickpeas, tomato paste and coconut milk.
- Turn off the Instapot and reset the device to “Saute (Low)” and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the seasoning based on how it tastes after cooking.
- Add cilatro and serve.