- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Mix both sets of ingredients together.
- Grease pan (preferably a cast-iron skillet) with some additional butter.
- Heat pan to about 60% of maximum heat.
- With the whole wheat flour, the batter will not bubble like a recipe that only uses all-purpose flour. Look for browning at the edges of the pancake before flipping them.
- Makes about 12 medium-sized pancakes.