- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen butter
- 8 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Cut butter into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Mix all-purpose flour, salt and butter until the butter is pea-sized.
- Add ice-cold water in one-tablespoon amounts to help the dough form.
- Wrap the dough in plastic. Freeze for at least one hour (or up to one week).
- When ready to make the pie, pull the dough out of the freezer and thaw for five minutes.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness using a rolling pin.
- Drape dough over a pie pan.